Xavier Tholey joined Unilever in 2012 as Vice President, Supply Chain. In the last 2 roles, Xavier has operational and strategic responsibility for the end-to-end FMCG supply chain, across North and Latin America.
Unilever makes and sells products under more than 400 brand names worldwide. Two billion people use these products on any given day. The Latin America Supply Chain serves a fast growing region for Unilever and produces some of the world’s most popular Foods brands, including Knorr Savoury products and, Hellmann’s mayonnaise.
Prior to joining Unilever, Xavier held a variety of supply chain leadership roles with Mars Inc., including Head of Mars Supply Chain Europe for Foods.
Xavier’s background and expertise build a truly global experience in Supply Chain. Throughout his career, he has operated in three world regions serving developed and developing markets.
Industry Sector: Consumers Goods
Global Value Chain: What is Coming Next?
Think big, start small, accelerate fast.
Learn how the value chain of the future embraces the environment as part of the business strategy rather than as a last minute thought.
In this session Xavier will touch on how he has achieved zero waste to landfill across all his factories since 2014; one small step on the pathway to a green supply chain. Through this pathway Xavier's ambition for leading his next team is to build a legacy that works for the People and for the Planet, so that when they look back, they will say:
- We are not the CEO, but we supported their ambition and strategy
- We are not business owners, but we created a structure to support company growth for generations to come
- We left a better planet for future generations
Panel - Leadership Skills and Change Management in the Supply Chain: the Soft Skills of Complexity
- How the supply chain executive can be a change agent to the rest of the organisation?
- Skills to foster and support change with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge to understand the human factor and its resistance to change
- Ability to drive and inspire to the benefit of the value chain