Welcome to Clarions’ 19th Annual EMEA Supply Chain & Logistics Summit & Expo 2017, taking place on 19 – 21 June, 2017, at the Palau de Congressos de Catalunya – Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I Hotel.
This manual helps you to plan your attendance and contains essential information and guidelines. Be sure to click on each section to get the most out of your attendance at the event and maximise your exhibition potential.
Important deadlines for your diary
- Manual Confirmation Form – Friday 19th May (this form will confirm to us that you have read and understood all the relevant elements of the manual)
- Furniture and power order for your stand – Friday 26th May
- Graphic Panel order – Friday 26th May
- Logo & Profile – ASAP
Sunday 18th June 15:00 – 17:00
Wednesday 21 June 15:00 – 18:00
Monday 19 June 08:00 – 09:00
Monday 19 June 08:00 – 18:00
Monday 19 June Port Tour & Drinks Reception 18:00 – 20:00
Tuesday 20 June 08:00 – 18:00
Tuesday 20 June Drinks Reception 18:00 – 19:30
Wednesday 21 June 08:00 – 15:10
Please note: Arrangements outside these hours should be organised with your Event Manager. It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to supply sufficient staff for the unloading of transport vehicles and set-up and tear-down of your stand.
EXHIBITION FREIGHTING (EF-GSM Ltd) is the official forwarder and onsite handling contractor for SCL EMEA Summit 2017
IMOPORTANT: Due to no storage facilities pre-event at the venue we would strongly advise sending your deliveries to Exhibition Freighting G.S.M advance warehouse, which will then ensure your items are delivered to your stand prior to set up. If you are using a different courier, they can also deliver your items to the EFGSM advance warehouse.
For further information, please contact:
Exhibition Freighting G.S.M. Ltd.
T: +44 (0) 1732 885131
F: +44 (0) 1732 886689
The deadline for arrival at the advanced warehouse is Monday 12th June.
IMPORTANT: Clarion Events is not responsible for any packages shipped outside of Exhibition Freighting G.S.M freight. Clarion Events will not claim any packages onsite or incur any costs associated with inbound shipping.
- Exhibitors should ensure they have adequate insurance protection when attending one of our Exhibitions.
- The organiser’s accept no responsibility for exhibition goods, stand fitting and excludes any liability for damage or loss. The liability exclusion is also valid regardless of the security measures undertaken by the organiser’s. All losses must be reported to the site security, police and insurance company.
- Whilst we take every precaution we are not responsible for damage or loss to stand fittings and exhibits. We must also draw your attention to Public Liability cover and the increasing numbers of claims against exhibitors and service providers for trips and falls.
IMPORTANT: The Manual Confirmation form is compulsory and needs to be singed and sent back to us before Monday 12th May. You must check that you are insured at our event. If you do not have insurance you will not be able to exhibit unless you are covered.
With such a busy and popular exhibition you are going to want your stand to stand out. We have compiled the below list of ideas that you may want to incorporate in to your stand to make it inviting!
- All exhibits and stand materials must be removed from the building by the end of the SCL summit 2017 breakdown period.
- The space occupied by the exhibitor’s stand must be left in the same state at the end of the breakdown period as it was at the beginning of the build period. The charges incurred for any materials removed by the venue or the venue contractors at the end of breakdown will be passed on to the exhibitor responsible.
Distribution of Promotional Material
- Exhibitors are reminded that business may only be conducted from their stand. The distribution of leaflets or any other promotional material will not be permitted in the aisles or any other part of the exhibition space without the organiser’s permission.
Palau de Congressos de Catalunya
Av Diagonal, 661-671,
Hotel Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I
Av Diagonal, 661-671,
Phone: +34 933 64 40 40
In order to book your accommodation at the Summit venue please click here.
Please ensure you have arranged your accommodation as soon as possible as there is limited availability. Credit Cards are required at time of booking.
Please note: Credit Cards will be charged in event of no show and late cancellations, all reservations booked using the above reference are agreeing to the above Terms & Conditions.]
The cloakroom is located at the end of the venue on the left hand side from the exhibition.
No person under the age of 16 years can be admitted to the exhibition or anywhere on the venue premises during build up or breakdown days. This applies to the children of contractors, workers and exhibitors. During the show, any child under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Health & Safety:
Please read through the attached on important Health and Safety requirements for your exhibition here.
There is security at the hotel to prevent unauthorised access to the hall, NOT to secure the contents of your stand, particularly when the hall is open to exhibitors, contractors or members of the public.
Exhibitors are advised not to leave their stands unattended during build up, breakdown, or the open period, and to take particular care with personal belongings, especially mobile telephones and laptop computers.
No exhibits may be removed from the hall during build up or the open days of the show.
Exhibition halls are vulnerable places. Your stand is an open shop without windows or doors. Please take a few moments to consider how you can secure your products and belongings while on site. The following tips should assist you
- Do not leave your stand unattended at any time during build-up, the open period or the pull-out of the show. Do not leave the hall until all visitors have gone each evening.
- Do not position desirable items at the front of your stand, where you may not be able to keep an eye on them.
- Ensure you have enough staff, so that the stand is not vulnerable to thieves and do not ask a neighboring exhibitor to watch over your stand while you go for a break. They may become busy and not be able to keep an eye on your stand.
- Remove all portable or valuable items from the stand on the evening the show closes. Do not leave them until the following day for collection.
- Take home any valuable items each night if there are no secure storage facilities on site.
- Use a lockable cabinet to store your personal possessions during the show open hours. If you have not already brought one, you may be able to hire one.
- If you are a victim of theft please report it immediately to a member of Clarion staff.
- Check your insurance cover before the show.
- Exhibitors and contractors must carry adequate insurance for theft and public liability. The organisers will not accept liability for loss or damage.
Alcohol & Catering:
Exhibitors are requested not to bring their own food and drink onto their stands.
In order for the venue to comply with the Licensing Act 2003 and their own Premises Licence conditions, all Alcohol served from stands must be obtained from the venue. All food and beverage hospitality supplies for on-site consumption can only be ordered from the venue.
First Aid staff is available at the hotel at all times. If you require their assistance, please ask one of the Clarion staff or a venue representative.