Hotel Rey Juan Carlos, I, Barcelona
Roundtable Session Six – View full details for all tables and speakers in this session
Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Date: Day 3 (am after break)
Roundtable Discussion 1: Effective Multi-Functional Teams for Supply Chain Projects
- Using examples taken from our research, we will introduce the challenge – who should be involved and who should lead projects to change relationships with suppliers.
- During the round-table, we hope participants will share their experiences, lessons and advice.
- We will conclude by summarizing the routes to orchestrate within the organization to work effectively with the external world of suppliers.
Hosted by: Charles Findlay, Co-author of Financing the End-to-End Supply Chain
Roundtable Discussion 2: The Challenge of Outsourcing
Outsourcing is one of the changes that has most affected company operations in the recent 20 years. At first limited to production, outsourcing now concerns all facets of a company’s business, such as logistics, IT, customer relations, human resources, finance, sales, etc. In addition, outsourcing initially concerned only the provision of specific services, but has now moved toward the complete delegation of entire functions. We are now seeing the emergence of “virtual” companies that serve merely as structures to orchestrate outsourced services.
Find out how you can reduce costs, turn fixed expenses into variable costs, enable the company to focus on its core business, give your company an opportunity to access the best expertise in every domain and many more through adequate outsourcing.
So then, the question is: how is your company doing and how adequately are you weighing the pros and cons of outsourcing?
Find out more about this in this exclusive roundtable discussion!
Hosted by: Karsten Klag, Head of Business Unit Logistics Germany, Gondrand Logistics
Roundtable Discussion 3: Decision Making Process for Transport & Logistics Sourcing
- Increasing number of people are involved in logistics outsourcing decisions within organisations
- Successful outsourcing and tendering improves the operational phase of cooperation
- Being aware of what your peers are doing in the industry helps to build successful relationships
- Changes in decision making processes
- Being aware of your buying strategy and style
- Structure of transport market
- Teaming up both internally and with providers organisation
Hosted by: Willbert Tholhuijsen , Divisional CCO, DSV